cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giguere
New Contributor

Error with an quad t1/pri card

Jump to solution

I'm new to the adtran atlas 550. I'm using it for now 2 months. I'm trying to do a network with 3 cisco router 2811. It is a frame relay network using T1 card. The main problem is the Quat T1/pri module.The status goes from online to error 1 sec every 30 sec. The network isn't working. I've done all the maping, set the clock internal, enterred my DLCIs. There's no alarm. The adtran is sending package to the router but this one does not respond. On the router, all my network is set. here's an exemple of my 2811 config.

version 12.4

service timestamps debug datetime msec

service timestamps log datetime msec

no service password-encryption

!

hostname R1

!

boot-start-marker

boot-end-marker

!

card type t1 0 0

!

no aaa new-model

!

resource policy

!

no network-clock-participate wic 0

!

ip cef

!

no ip domain lookup

!

voice-card 0

no dspfarm

!

!

controller T1 0/0/0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24

!

interface Tunnel1

no ip address

tunnel source Serial0/0/0:0

!

interface FastEthernet0/0

no ip address

shutdown

duplex auto

speed auto

!

interface FastEthernet0/1

ip address 192.168.10.1 255.255.255.0

duplex auto

speed auto

!

interface Serial0/0/0:0

no ip address

encapsulation frame-relay IETF

!

interface Serial0/0/0:0.20 point-to-point

description link to R3 router DLCI 20

ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

frame-relay interface-dlci 20

!

interface Serial0/0/0:0.22 point-to-point

description link to R2 DLCI 22

ip address 192.168.3.1 255.255.255.0

frame-relay interface-dlci 22

!

interface Serial0/3/0

no ip address

shutdown

no fair-queue

clock rate 2000000

!

interface Serial0/3/1

no ip address

encapsulation frame-relay

!

interface Integrated-Service-Engine1/0

no ip address

shutdown

no keepalive

!

router eigrp 100

network 192.168.1.0

network 192.168.3.0

network 192.168.10.0

auto-summary

!

no ip http server

no ip http secure-server

!

control-plane

voice-port 0/1/0

voice-port 0/1/1

voice-port 0/2/0

voice-port 0/2/1

!

gatekeeper

shutdown

!

line con 0

password cisco

logging synchronous

login

line aux 0

line 66

no activation-character

no exec

transport preferred none

transport input all

transport output lat pad telnet rlogin lapb-ta mop udptn v120 ssh

line vty 0 4

password cisco

login

!

scheduler allocate 20000 1000

!

end

The real question is : Where's the problem? Im working on this for 2 weeks now. Any solutions why my card give me an error each 30 sec?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Error with an quad t1/pri card

Jump to solution

It sounds like the ATLAS T1 interface has clock slips. You can verify this by going to MODULES in the ATLAS menu, and then going to the MENU for the T1 module with the ERROR indications, and then going to PERFORMANCE CURR. Under the PERFORMANCE, if the CSS (controlled slip seconds) is incrementing then the ATLAS is taking clock slips on that T1 interface.

In your Cisco configuration I don't see a clock-source setting, but I don't remember what the default is for the Cisco. If the ATLAS' Primary Timing Source is set to INTERNAL, then make sure the Ciscos take timing from the T1s coming from the ATLAS.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

It sounds like the ATLAS T1 interface has clock slips. You can verify this by going to MODULES in the ATLAS menu, and then going to the MENU for the T1 module with the ERROR indications, and then going to PERFORMANCE CURR. Under the PERFORMANCE, if the CSS (controlled slip seconds) is incrementing then the ATLAS is taking clock slips on that T1 interface.

In your Cisco configuration I don't see a clock-source setting, but I don't remember what the default is for the Cisco. If the ATLAS' Primary Timing Source is set to INTERNAL, then make sure the Ciscos take timing from the T1s coming from the ATLAS.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

0 Kudos
giguere
New Contributor

Jump to solution

After verifying, it's a clock slip. All I have to do is identify where comes the other clock. I use the one on the line from the ADTRAN. On the cisco router, i had to set the clock source line on the controller T1.
I still have the problem, but now the Quad T1 card doesn't go online/error. Can you help me about the clock slip or I should ask the question on cisco community?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I'm not sure what the problem is now? You said the errors stopped on the ATLAS. Is the Cisco showing errors now? If it is, then I'm afraid you will need to go to the Cisco community for assistance with that.
If there is another issue, then I'll need more information about what that issue is.
We do have a guide for configuring an ATLAS for the Cisco Academy (https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-1259). The Frame Relay configuration starts on page 5.
There is also a document for configuring Frame Relay to the internal router of the ATLAS (https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-1298).

You do have encapsulation frame-relay IETF on the Cisco, which is needed to work with the ATLAS' Frame Relay.
Are the T1's in the ATLAS configured for all 24 DS0s? Is the Frame Relay UP? Are the DLCIs Active?

-Patrick