cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to interconnect two ADTRAN 550s via a T1 and then set up a single Frame network?

I have a need to create a larger frame relay network in a lab/teaching environment. I'm comfortable with setting up different Frame Relay scenarios on a single unit but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do the connections across units via a T1. I have

two ADTRAN 550 w/ 4x NX56/64 interfaces each (all V.35) and the T1 connector. I've connected the T1 interfaces together using a T1 crossover cable and that seems to be working fine, but I can't figure out how to connect an endpoint on one unit to an endpoint on the other unit.

Is this even possible? Is there a guide or some other instruction in the manuals that I am not picking up on?

Thanks

Jim

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to interconnect two ADTRAN 550s via a T1 and then set up a single Frame network?

We have a document on setting up frame relay between routers on the Atlas 550 here .

The main thing to remember is that one side of the FR will need to be set for a signalling role of Network and the other side will be set User.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to interconnect two ADTRAN 550s via a T1 and then set up a single Frame network?

Thanks Marcus. I will give this a try. The topology I am trying to accomplish is more like this -- but the paper you have provide may help.

Frame Network.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

By the diagram it looks like you may be working with external routers so I'll attach the document for that as well.  The basic procedure is still the same but there are differences for the dedicated maps. 

manny
New Contributor

How can I obtain the instructions on how to set this up?