cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with configuraiton

Jump to solution

I bought a 550 to use as a pbx at home so that I could connect a portmaster 3 to it so that I can do some retro gaming using 56k dial-up.

I will set it up so that it has a phone line on all eight fxs ports, a landline on one fxo port and connect the portmaster to the network 1/ T1.

I already have a couple of phones connected to fxs port 1 and 2 and have the user term configured for port 1 and 2 so that they can call each other using numbers 111 and 112. I also have fxo port 1 configured under network term and assigned my land line number under trunk number in Ifce config and have assigned that number to both fxs port 1 and 2 accept#in under the user term for both of those ports. So right now I can call either phone from the inside using the three digit number or I can make outside calls from either phone. I'v also configured the number complete templates and number type templates to stop the 16 second wait time.

Now I'm lacking the understanding to setup the t1/pri so that when I dial 333 it goes out the t1 to the portmaster 3. I've tried setting it up under network term and using out#accept 333. However the event log says 333 primary rejected: Primary busy. Not sure if this is because I have the dial plan configured wrong or if it is on the portmaster side. Any help with this one issue would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help with configuraiton

Jump to solution

So the combination that worked to get the portmaster to answer the call was to setup the t1 connection under user term and set the switch type under interface config to att-4ess and in the portmaster set the switch type to att-4ess. I tried dms-100 and national isdn but neither of those worked. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Is the Portmaster 3 configured to receive a PRI from the "telco" or is it configured to provide the PRI to an end device? When configured under the NETWORK TERM (short for network termination) the ADTRAN is acting as "user equipment" and not as the "network". With a PRI, one end is NETWORK and the other end is USER.

So is the D-channel up? If not, make sure the T1 is not in alarm. If the T1 is not in alarm, then try changing from NETWORK TERM to USER TERM (user termination). In the ATLAS, the NETWORK TERM means those interfaces connect to the telco network and USER TERM means it is connecting to user equipment.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Right now I have the portmaster configured for channelized t1 and clock is set to internal. The adtran is also set for internal clock. I don't have any alarms on either device.

I will try changing it to isdn and see if I can get it working. Will the adtran provide clock out the t1 when set to internal?

I changed the pormaster to isdn and I've tried setting the t1 under user term but the portmaster shows isdn L1 L2 as starting and it will not work. If I configure the t1 under network term the portmaster shows isdn as active.
With it setup under network term I can call the portmaster but it is not answering. Oh well, I was hoping that a back to back connection would work. I had it working with a cisco router connected back to back but since the router backplane does not do tdm switching I could never get a very good connection. I wonder if I need to assign a directory number of 333 to one of the B channels on the portmaster to get it to answer?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I can't tell you anything about the portmaster, but ATLAS cannot channelize the PRI. If it is configured to accept a number, it will use the first available channel, starting with the highest (23 for a full PRI) and work down.

If you want specific numbers to be accepted on specific channels, then you will have to configure the T1 for RBS (robbed bit signaling, also know as CAS - channel associated signaling) and the ATLAS will have to match the signaling on the portmaster. The ATLAS supports Loop Start, Ground Start, E&M Immediate, E&M Wink, and Feature Group D for the RBS signaling types.

If you stay with PRI, you can go under SYSTEM CONFIG and EVENT LOGGING and set SWITCHBOARD and ISDN EVENTS to INFO to verify the call is sent. If you understand ISDN signaling, you can set ISDN L2-FORMATTED to INFO to view all the messages sent between the ATLAS and the Portmaster.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

So the combination that worked to get the portmaster to answer the call was to setup the t1 connection under user term and set the switch type under interface config to att-4ess and in the portmaster set the switch type to att-4ess. I tried dms-100 and national isdn but neither of those worked. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos