cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Need to connect a Cisco UC320 to Adtran 550

Jump to solution

The echo was on the provider side and that is gone. Now I am trying to figure out the roll over. I have added the number to the User Term on the other ports but now it is just ringing one user now. How i have it set up is the main number is on port one of the FXS module and each port after has a number assigned (4 ports in total). 2nd port has the second number listed first and then the main number listed second. I believe this is the last hurdle I have before we have this system up and running properly.

I just wanted to thank you for all your help on this. It has been a long project and I appreciate all the help you have given on this. I usual work in the Networking field but was asked to do this and learning as I am going. Thanks Patrick.

Brett

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Jump to solution

It sounds like you have the FXS ports configured for roll-over. If all the FXS ports have the main number in the IN#ACCEPT list, then the ATLAS will route the call to the first available port. So if you want the call to go to the second port, the first port will either need to have a call on it, or at least be offhook. Once the call is routed to a port it will not roll-over after that - so it will not roll-over after a certain number of rings, etc. The call will either be answered or not.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Weird that it is just ringing the second number directly.... without the first number being in use. I will play with it.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Jump to solution

I'm not sure what you mean by "ringing the second number directly" then. Is it ringing the 2nd FXS port while the 1st port is available?

If that is the case, then make sure the SEARCH (under the IN#ACCEPT) is set to PRIMARY for both, or PRIMARY on port 1 and SECONDARY on port 2 and the following ports.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Ok, I will play with that.

And lastly, the call's aren't disconnecting in the system after they hang up. Is there somewhere to diagnose what is causing this or is it the UC system that is probably causing this?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Jump to solution

The calls are disconnecting in what system, after who hangs up?

Does your system connected to the FXS ports hang up, and the call stays active, or does the far end hang up and the equipment off the FXS port keep the call active?

If the equipment connected to the FXS ports hangs up and the ATLAS doesn't detect it, then there is nothing we can do. The ATLAS looks at the impedance on the port to determine if the end equipment is off-hook or on-hook (essentially an "open" is off-hook and a "short" is on-hook).

If the far end hangs up and the equipment connected to the FXS ports doesn't detect it, you can try adjusting the "Forward Disconnect" under the DIAL PLAN, USER TERM, in the IFCE CONFIG. This sets how long the ATLAS will remove loop current when the far end disconnects the call. (The default is "Disabled" which means loop current is never removed.)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Jump to solution

We got it!

I changed the Forward Disconnect on all the lines to 600ms and it cleared all the calls and now the calls are getting stuck on the UC system. I also figured out where I need the roll-over line to be configured. I needed it on port 4 since that line was the second line for the receptionist. Once I did that, I was able to call, put her on hold, and call the main number and it rolled over to her secondary line. They are going to play with it for a bit but it seems to be working properly now.

Patrick, thank you for all your help and guidance. I wouldn't have been able to do this without your help and hopefully this thread will help others if they ever have this type of setup.

Thanks again,

Brett