cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmarie
New Contributor

No incoming calls on second 550

We have two 550s that were "daisy chained" together, I'm assuming for redundancy. We've taken out the cross over cable to separate the 550s and now we can only receive incoming calls on the VTC systems on the first 550. Each 550 has a PRI. When we only plug one PRI into either 550 we can receive calls but if we plug both PRIs in we only receive incoming on the first 550 (PRI1). We have $ for In Accept on all of the BRI slots under User Term and $ for Out Accept under Network Term. Not sure what else to look at or if we need the Telco to change the programming of the PRIs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No incoming calls on second 550

The fact that the BRIs have an IN#ACCEPT of "$" may be the problem. The IN#ACCEPT is used by the ATLAS switchboard to determine what port to send the inbound call. On a BRI, once the call is accepted to the BRI port, it has to associate it with one of the TEIs (Terminal Endpoint Identifier) which is then associated with the SPID. This is done under the SPID LIST and it uses the "PHONE #" to do this. So if the incoming call doesn't match one of the "Phone #" listings in the SPID List, then the inbound call fails. It cannot be re-routed to another port because the switchboard has already decided which port will accept the call and the switchboard is done with the call after that.

So since the IN#ACCEPT is "$" it will accept a call to any number, but if the "Phone #" under the SPID LIST doesn't match that inbound number then the call will fail. On USER TERM BRI ports it is best to specify what number will be accepted to each port.

Hope this helps,
Patrick

kmarie
New Contributor

We put the phone # for each BRI port  in earlier and received busy on Atlas1/PRI1 and waveoff/outofservice on Atlas2/PRI2. I will try it again on Monday. Not sure if it matters but we have the PRI plugged into a quad card on Atlas1 and the PRI2 plugged into the Network card on Atlas2. Any other settings we should double check? Thanks for getting back so quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Without knowing what is happening with the call, I can't think of any other setting to check.

I suggest looking at the EVENT LOG (under System Status) with the ISDN EVENTS and SWITCHBOARD set to INFO to see what is happening with the call. If the call is being routed to the correct BRI port, or if it is getting an error such as "No UN-Busy SPID" after routing the call.

kmarie
New Contributor

Will make changes to the Event Log tomorrow and see what we get. Thanks.