cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
musicman
New Contributor

On an Adtran 550 got a 'Boot Room Falash contents are invalid' Any suggestions outside of returning to Adtran for repair?

Jump to solution

On an Adtran 550 got a 'Boot Room Flash contents are invalid'  Any suggestions outside of returning to Adtran for repair?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: On an Adtran 550 got a 'Boot Room Falash contents are invalid' Any suggestions outside of returning to Adtran for repair?

Jump to solution

I would try going into BootROM and performing a FW update from there. You can look at this guide​ to get into BootROM, but instead of clearing the configuration, you can do an "Update Firmware" via XMODEM or TFTP (the Ethernet Port IP address can be set under SYSTEM CONFIGURATION).

Hope this helps,

Patrick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: On an Adtran 550 got a 'Boot Room Falash contents are invalid' Any suggestions outside of returning to Adtran for repair?

Jump to solution

I would try going into BootROM and performing a FW update from there. You can look at this guide​ to get into BootROM, but instead of clearing the configuration, you can do an "Update Firmware" via XMODEM or TFTP (the Ethernet Port IP address can be set under SYSTEM CONFIGURATION).

Hope this helps,

Patrick

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Patrick:  Thanks for you prompt response and good advice.   I updated the firmware to the latest rev and that fixed the BootROM issue and it is now fully operational.  The best part was that the configuration was saved, so once the firmware was updated, it was ready to go again.  I've since saved the config files of the mutiple 550 units I have in case i need to restore them.

Once again thank you for you help in getting this fixed without having to RMA the unit, as it was 2 weeks past the warranty date!!