cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Toshiba DD-5022

Gm, I'm having a issue with a Toshiba DD-5022 phone system and the Adtran 550. It's giving me an intermittent CID issue, some times the CID works others it don't. I really don't know what the problem is or where it lies. I am assuming that's it's in the phone system. Reason being is, when the call comes into the Adtran it displays the CID and also on a phone that isn't connected to the PBX. I've contacted Toshiba and they've upgraded the system and the problem is still persisting. I really think that the problem lies with the Toshiba phone system, but they aren't any help at all. So if anyone has any ideas or thoughts I'm open to them, we have spent several tens-of thousands on this issue with no avail.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Toshiba DD-5022

What interfaces are you using in this connection and how are we connected to the PBX?  You should be able to see if the CID is reaching the PBX before it's passed on to the Toshiba phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We’re using the FXS ports, the lines are ran from the FXS ports to the PBX. We can the CID going to PBX, that’s what making it extra confusing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can see the CID going to the PBX, can you verify the PBX is seeing it?  There are only a couple of things on the Atlas I can think of that would affect this.  You can try changing the 2W Impedance to 900+2.16u and see if it helps.  If the line running from the Atlas to the PBX is next to power lines then there can be Induced AC current on the line that interferes with CID.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I2net,

When you spoke of the Toshiba DD-5022 phone system, are you meaning a telephone DP-5022? The Toshiba systems out there are the DK series, CTX, and CIX series. Which one are you working on to better assist you?

The systems uses either RCIU/RCIS boards for caller id or if you are interfacing to a RDTU, the T1 board, then you should be using Feature Group D.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's correct it is the phone DD-5022, I can't say what series it is right now (I don't remember). But I we are using the T1 port out there.

Haryl

Anonymous
Not applicable

The system is what will make a difference. The T1 card can interface with the Adtran 550 using feature group d which gives you ANIDNIS* sent from the 550 to the Toshiba. Depending on which system, you set it up for DID Wink signaling and have Caller ID set to display. If I know which system I can give you the programs that need to be set. Then we look at why the caller ID occasionally comes through.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered".  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,
Matt