cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hes
New Contributor

Use Hook Flash on Atlas 550 FXS-8

Jump to solution

I have an Atlas 550 and would like to use hook flash to transfer a call. Here is the scenario in which I hope to create. Call is inbound to Atlas on Network Term PRI  NET-1 and ANI routed to a FXS-8 port. That call is then hook flashed to a number which is in the IN#ACCEPT on User Term NET 2 PRI.

I've tried a few different FXS port configurations for testing and the call is not transferred. Just hung up on.

Currently the FXS is in a Dedicated Map and rabbit hole configuration so that incoming calls to that FXS pass ANI/DNIS when picked up.

Is this possible and if not is there any way that I can use hook flash with a 550?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Use Hook Flash on Atlas 550 FXS-8

Jump to solution

If it is a traditional rabbit-hole, then you have a PRI to the Telephone Company (configured under the DIAL PLAN, in the NETWORK TERM), and then you have an RBS T1 in the USER TERM configured for FEATURE GROUP D signaling. This then has a T1 cross-over cable connecting it to a second T1 port in the ATLAS, and THAT port is then mapped to the FXS ports. If this is the case, a hook flash on the FXS loops around to the USER TERM RBS T1 interface - and the ATLAS DIAL PLAN does not support flash hook.

So there is still no way to do what you want in the ATLAS.

If you have an RBS T1 from the Telephone Company and they say they support the hook flash, and THAT T1 is what you have mapped to the FXS ports, then the ATLAS will pass the hook-flash signal to the Telco.

-Patrick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you for using the ADTRAN Community Support Forums.

I'm afraid the ATLAS Dial Plan does not support hook flash. The ATLAS is not a PBX and cannot support putting calls on hold, transferring, or doing 3-way calling. When the ATLAS detects the hook flash it is simply seen as the FXS port hanging up and then going offhook again.

Thank you,

Patrick

hes
New Contributor

Jump to solution

This link suggest that with dedicated maps the 550 supports hook flash.

ATLAS FAQs

"https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-1292"

"Q: Does the Atlas dail plan in the 550, 830 or 890 support flash hook?

A: The Atlas Dial plan does not support flash hook.  Flash hook will work in Dedicated Maps only (TDM)."

Sounds like there are limitations but maybe possible? Is this an error?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

In the dedicated maps, a flash hook is transmitted from the FXS port to the T1, but you cannot use the Dedicated Maps to map a PRI to FXS ports, because the PRI uses out-of-band signaling (the D-channel).

If you map an FXS port to a channel on an RBS T1 then the on-hook/off-hook condition is transmitted on the T1. Because the call status is transmitted as signaling bits on each channel of the T1, the state of the FXS port can be transmitted when a flash hook is performed.

-Patrick

hes
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Ok Thanks. I show that my FXS are mapped to RBS pri but this is a rabbit hole configuration as im using this 550 as a channel bank to a system 3 receiver.

I would like to use hook flash to transfer the call for 2-way voice so as not to have to use up channels by sitting on 2 lines. Do you know of a way accomplish this?

It sounds like the adtran is just passing the hook flash up stream to the T1 so that the equipment on the t1 can process that hook flash and transfer the call. If that is the case this may not work.

If this cannot be done with a 550 is there another product similar that can?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

If it is a traditional rabbit-hole, then you have a PRI to the Telephone Company (configured under the DIAL PLAN, in the NETWORK TERM), and then you have an RBS T1 in the USER TERM configured for FEATURE GROUP D signaling. This then has a T1 cross-over cable connecting it to a second T1 port in the ATLAS, and THAT port is then mapped to the FXS ports. If this is the case, a hook flash on the FXS loops around to the USER TERM RBS T1 interface - and the ATLAS DIAL PLAN does not support flash hook.

So there is still no way to do what you want in the ATLAS.

If you have an RBS T1 from the Telephone Company and they say they support the hook flash, and THAT T1 is what you have mapped to the FXS ports, then the ATLAS will pass the hook-flash signal to the Telco.

-Patrick

0 Kudos
hes
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Yes It is a traditional rabbit hole as you described.

Thanks for all you help.

lparent
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi hes,

having the same issue here with my adtran and system III

did you found another way to do your 2way voice??

thanks!

Luc