cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how many PRI interfaces can it handle?

Jump to solution

How many PRI interfaces can the Atlas series handle? I need something (or a pair of devices) that can handle 32 ISND PRI interfaces.

I see the 550 has quad PRI cards (PN: 1200755E2). Would it be possible to fill the entire device with these and have 16 PRI interfaces on one device? Can the 550 handle the whole 368 concurrent calls?

Would there be some other device out there that can handle 32 PRI interfaces?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how many PRI interfaces can it handle?

Jump to solution

The ATLAS products are no longer in production, but all of the ATLAS products support having all the module slots filled with T1/PRI modules. So the 550 can have 4 Quad T1/PRI modules (the 550 has both Dual T1/PRI and Quad T1/PRI user modules), along with the 2 NETWORK T1/PRI modules.

The ATLAS 890 can have up to 16 T1/PRI modules, which each have 4 T1/PRI ports on them.

I only have the numbers for the ATLAS 550, but the backplane of the ATLAS 550 supports 254 DS0s worth of bandwidth. Fully loaded with T1/PRI modules, there can be 18 T1 ports. Each T1 is 24 DS0s, so 18*24=432 DS0s. However, since the ATLAS is switching calls between interfaces, the actual bandwidth across the backplane is 216 DS0s.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I see the Atlas 890 would be closer to fitting my needs in one unit - but I'm guessing the price difference is huge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The ATLAS products are no longer in production, but all of the ATLAS products support having all the module slots filled with T1/PRI modules. So the 550 can have 4 Quad T1/PRI modules (the 550 has both Dual T1/PRI and Quad T1/PRI user modules), along with the 2 NETWORK T1/PRI modules.

The ATLAS 890 can have up to 16 T1/PRI modules, which each have 4 T1/PRI ports on them.

I only have the numbers for the ATLAS 550, but the backplane of the ATLAS 550 supports 254 DS0s worth of bandwidth. Fully loaded with T1/PRI modules, there can be 18 T1 ports. Each T1 is 24 DS0s, so 18*24=432 DS0s. However, since the ATLAS is switching calls between interfaces, the actual bandwidth across the backplane is 216 DS0s.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

specs for the 890 show backplane bandwidth of 720 DS0's.

I would be using sip to PRI for inbound/outbound. with that said, will the device still be switching calls between interfaces? No, right?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Well... The ATLAS doesn't support SIP, so all it CAN do is switch between T1/PRI interfaces.

It can do RBS signaling on the T1, or PRI. It doesn't support SIP.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

ah shoot. Well then, that scratches that plan. Thanks for the info.

Any suggestions on what I should be looking at for SIP > PRI - upwards of 21 PRI interfaces / 700 concurrent calls?

I hate to think I'll be forced to use 11 separate TA908e's

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

We'll only be able to offer a multi-box solution.

The Netvanta 6250 has 4 T1/PRI interfaces, plus FXS, and supports up to 72 concurrent calls.

The product has been discontinued, but may still be available - the Netvanta 644 also has 4 T1/PRI interfaces (no FXS) and supports up to 120 concurrent calls.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Patrick!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Can the NetVanta and Total Access units function like the Atlas 550 PRI ports where I can use these PRI ports to receive an incoming call and then either route that call out on the same or different PRI port?  I have an Atlas 550 with 4 quad PRI cards, so 16 total that is used in a training environment and I just have it emulating a CO....will the NetVanta and TA units provide this same functionality?