cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vzeng
New Contributor

830 mapping

Jump to solution

I have an 830 with 5 PRI's coming into it from the Telco.  I am receiving four digits from outside and need to map specific digits from the various PRI's to a specific port on a T1 going to a 624 to used for individual fax machines.  Is this possible or do I need a 924 on the other end? I do not have any FXS ports on the 830.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 830 mapping

Jump to solution

What you'll need to do is go into Dial Plan and then to User Term in the Atlas.  Insert a line into there with the 'i' key.  Set the slot and Port for the T1 leading to the TA 624.  Sig will be RBS.  In#Accept  will be set for the four digits for one of your fax machines.  Interface config you'll need to set the First DS0 to match the T1 channel the fax machine's number is on.  Number of DS0s will be 1.  Signalling Method will match what you have on the TA 624.  You'll need one of these entries for each fax machine.  So when calls come in the Network Term, they'll be matched on the User Term and routed down the exact DS0 needed to get it to the fax machine.  All the T624 needs to do is link the T1 channel to the correct FXS port. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello vzeng.  Is the T1 between the 624 and the Atlas Loop Start or E&M?  Typically in the 624 DS0s from the T1 will be mapped to particular FXS ports so the Atlas will need to determine what number goes to what port.  So in the dial plan on the Atlas you'll have an entry for each fax number directing it to the correct DS0. 

vzeng
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Thanks for the follow up. Currently, the T1 is configured as a loop start. The PRI’s on the Atlas network side are receiving four digits. On the 624, I have each DS0’s mapped one for one. I am not sure how to map the specific four digits to a specific port on the T1 on the Atlas.

Rick Ramon

Senior Technician

Field Operations, Fl

Office:813-664-2220

Mobile:941-685-5525

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

What you'll need to do is go into Dial Plan and then to User Term in the Atlas.  Insert a line into there with the 'i' key.  Set the slot and Port for the T1 leading to the TA 624.  Sig will be RBS.  In#Accept  will be set for the four digits for one of your fax machines.  Interface config you'll need to set the First DS0 to match the T1 channel the fax machine's number is on.  Number of DS0s will be 1.  Signalling Method will match what you have on the TA 624.  You'll need one of these entries for each fax machine.  So when calls come in the Network Term, they'll be matched on the User Term and routed down the exact DS0 needed to get it to the fax machine.  All the T624 needs to do is link the T1 channel to the correct FXS port. 

0 Kudos
vzeng
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Thanks for the information. That worked. Configuring the number of DS0’s is what I missing and it really made the difference.

Thanks again.

Rick Ramon

Senior Technician

Field Operations, Fl

Office:813-664-2220

Mobile:941-685-5525