cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone used the monitor jacks on the Atlas 800 Quad PRI module?

Jump to solution

I have used the Altas 800 Quad PRI module a lot, but I have always used it with an External DSX for passive Monitoring with a T1 analyzer.  I am considering doing without the DSX in a new test environment, but I do not know how the monitor jacks on the Quad PRI module work.  There appears to be only one monitor jack for each T1, and I am used to using two monitor jacks on the DSX, one for In and one for Out.  If you are using it in DS1 DAX mode, you would have one jack on each T1 that is cross-connected through the Atlas matrix, so you would have one jack on each end, which would seem to be enough to see both sides of the connection.  But if you are using it in Dial Plan or in 1-0 DAX mode, how can I use the monitor jacks to see both the IN and the OUT side of the T1?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone used the monitor jacks on the Atlas 800 Quad PRI module?

Jump to solution

The MON(itor) Bantom plug on the T1/PRI module only connects to the receive pair on the RJ-45 interface. With that being said, you can only use it to monitor the Rx traffic on the T1 interface.

I don’t believe you want to do this, but if you use the DEDICATED MAP to map one T1 port to another, you could then monitor the receive path on each, where the receive on one port should be the transmit on the other
port.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The MON(itor) Bantom plug on the T1/PRI module only connects to the receive pair on the RJ-45 interface. With that being said, you can only use it to monitor the Rx traffic on the T1 interface.

I don’t believe you want to do this, but if you use the DEDICATED MAP to map one T1 port to another, you could then monitor the receive path on each, where the receive on one port should be the transmit on the other
port.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks.  That makes sense.  Though it does not let me see both sides of of the D-channel of a PRI that is being switched by the Atlas Dial Plan.  I guess I need to keep my DSX in the picture to do that.