cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ciscodave
New Contributor

fully document the Dial Plan "as is"

I have inherited an Atlas 890 that seems to have quite an extensive dial plan section including a variety of different called digits transferred and substitution templates. I have a need to fully document the way the dial plan is configured in either a text file, spreadsheet, or diagram. I am trying to determine if there is any way to just kind of "dump" the full dial plan in a way that would aid this work, otherwise I am left to try and reverse engineer the intent of the original admin who set this up. I did see there was a way to back up the config to a TFTP server (which I did), but it appears most of the file is not human readable. Any suggestions??

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: fully document the Dial Plan "as is"

I'm afraid there's not a "good" solution for you. The ATLAS configuration is a binary file and not CLI.

Personally, I would use a spreadsheet and use the same headings as are in the DIAL PLAN (i.e. SLOT/SVC   PORT/PEP  SIG  IN#ACCEPT  OUT#REJ  IFCE_CONFIG   SUBST_TEMPL)

From there you can fill in each cell - the IFCE CONFIG and SUBST TEMPL could be complicated, but I don't have any other suggestions.

-Patrick