cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot log into BSAP 1920 using SSH and default userid and password.

We have some remote BSAP 1920s that have been set with a static address for the controller which is on a separate network. The 1920s themselves are assigned addresses using DHCP. During installation of the APs, I did not change the password under AP Templates, but I cannot log into the APs  using SSH, default userid adm1n and password blue1socket. I get 'invalid password'

At this time, the 1920s are not communicating with the controller so I can't use wVLan to  access them. I can't find anything in the documentation on how to factory  default the 1920s and start over. The troubleshooting guide didn't help much. What can I do?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cannot log into BSAP 1920 using SSH and default userid and password.

Had the BSAP 1920s been up and functional previously, maybe even on a different vWLAN, or were they new and fresh out of the box? You mentioned the controller address was set statically but the APs are using DHCP. Are the APs getting an IP address and can you confirm the address in the DHCP server? Are the APs by chance actually communicating with the controller?

Depending on your answers, just know that the 1920s do not have a console port and they do not have a factory reset button. There is a hole in the face and there is button, but it does not do anything. You might need to call Adtran Technical Support at 888-423-8726 and provide a serial number for the non-working APs. It is possible you could work out an RMA.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The BSAP 1920s were up and running with no problems. The APs are getting addresses from the DHCP server properly. We finally found the problem with the APs not communicating with the controller. The IT people at the remote site had changed the routing without notifying us. Still can't log into the APs using SSH. When I try to use the default user-id and password, I still get "access denied".

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lynn. I am going to go ahead and mark this issue as assumed answered since the primary concern has been addressed.

In regards to the password, you cannot change the username (adm1n), but the password can be changed in the AP template. If the APs are back up and connected to vWLAN, then go to the AP template and either reset the password to default (blue1socket), or change it to something else. If you still cannot access the APs via SSH, then you will want to reach out to Adtran Technical Support.