Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhys_morgan
New Contributor

Poor Signal.....10ft?

Jump to solution

Hi All

i have 5 acces points, but signal stregnth is painful......I have tested and tested these in seperate parts of the building, in line of sight of laptop etc, and the only way i get a signal is to be within 10-12ft of the unit!

this can't be right!!!

can anyone advise what i can do to tweak these to increase the range as this is not acceptable for such an costly product!

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Poor Signal.....10ft?

Jump to solution

OK well not having the antennas will do it. Here's the part number and description of the omni-directional antennas you will need:

1700939F1A set of three 2.4GHz and three 5gHz 2dBi omni-directional antennas for the BSAP-1840

BTW the BSAP-1800s have internal antennas while the BSAP-1840s only have external antenna connectors. For wall mounting, BSAP-1840 with the above omni-directional antennas are typically best.

Regards,

Ken

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Can you please advise what model access points you have? Are they BSAP-1840? If so do they have antennas attached? BSAP-1840's do not have internal antennas so they must have antennas attached to the connectors. If they are BSAP-1800, how are they mounted/installed? For example on the ceiling with the LEDs facing down or perhaps on a wall? If you go to wireless>ap and click to edit the AP is it set to full TX power on both radios?

Jump to solution

thanks for the prompt reply mate.....we have 5 x 1840 - none of whcih have the antennas as we were told that they were not needed.....!!!!!!!!!!!!

they are wall mounted, or at least were until i took them down to test their strength.

they are set to full strength, but as you suggest we need the antennas, i will go back to the sales man and shout until get some to try....

thanks again....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

OK well not having the antennas will do it. Here's the part number and description of the omni-directional antennas you will need:

1700939F1A set of three 2.4GHz and three 5gHz 2dBi omni-directional antennas for the BSAP-1840

BTW the BSAP-1800s have internal antennas while the BSAP-1840s only have external antenna connectors. For wall mounting, BSAP-1840 with the above omni-directional antennas are typically best.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

thats brilliant Ken - appreciate your help.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.