Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lappl
New Contributor II

[solve] BSAP-1920 randomly going down

Jump to solution

Hi

We have 3 BSAP-1920 with firmware 6.7.0-17 and VWLAN physical appliance V2_3_0_09.

Very often (every 12 hours or so) 1 of our BSAP 1920 will go down (down state in vwlan) and wont come up by itself.

The LED on the AP will remain orange solid.

We cannot Ping the AP.

The only way to reboot the AP is to cycle the power.

We tried the basic stuff without success, switch AP, switch PoE physical port, network cable and factory reset the AP.

Is there some kind of advance log we can look at to see what is causing this crash ?

Note: We had the error with previous version too:  VWLAN V2_2_1_20 + Firmware 6.6.0-30

Thank you

Pascal

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lappl
New Contributor II

Re: BSAP-1920 randomly going down

Jump to solution

I was not aware of vPatch 2-3-0-09-4, but with V2_3_0_09 + w-bsap1920-6.7.0-1917.bidp on more than 20 APs (all BSAP-1920) I didn't get a single reboot since the change of firmware (2 months or more)...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I am running the same software revisions as you and am having similar issues with my 1800v2 access points. Periodically an 1800 will do the exact same thing you described in the above post & I have to power cycle the ap.

I am also having another issue where periodically an access point will not accept client connections until I reboot it. I have a ticket open with Adtran, the only thing I know so far is that when this happens the memory usage on the access point is really high. This has happened on many of my ap's in different buildings. I'm not sure but perhaps the issues are related?

Justin

lappl
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

>> @adt765: "I am also having another issue where periodically an access point will not accept client connections until I reboot it"

We had this issue too.

[Update]

After another attempt to reset the AP (power OFF and UP) I noticed the AP was cycling up and down periodically each 2 minutes or so.

The AP finally went up after 1 hour.  The status in vwlan is UpToDate but :  BG radio: hardware unavailable.

Maybe it's because of noisy RF environment see :

I will try to calibrate the AP for 1 hour to see if it solve the problem.

p.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Did you find a resolution for the ap's not accepting client connections or is this ongoing? Thanks in advance!

Justin

lappl
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

No we are still having this error sometime.  Last time I think my colleague dropped all active users (active users in vwlan) and rebooted some service and I did the trick.  Not sure though .

p.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

If you have an ACES maintenance contract, could you please open a case with ADTRAN Bluesocket Technical Support. Here are the contacts for support services.

http://www.adtran.com/web/page/portal/Adtran/wp_postsales_contact

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

These issues appear to be different in nature.  With that being said, I would highly recommend following up on your current open ticket with Adtran.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Are you still having these issues with AP firmware 6.7.0-23 used in conjunction with vPatch 2-3-0-09-4?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I have been running ap firmware 6.7.0-23 with vPatch 2-3-0-09-4 for about 2 weeks and have not yet experienced these issues. I will reply back to this post if the issue happens again.

lappl
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

I was not aware of vPatch 2-3-0-09-4, but with V2_3_0_09 + w-bsap1920-6.7.0-1917.bidp on more than 20 APs (all BSAP-1920) I didn't get a single reboot since the change of firmware (2 months or more)...

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response!  You can sign up for future software notifications here.