cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwhausk
New Contributor

AirPrint using Bonjour on BSC 2100

Jump to solution

We have a new copier that has AirPrint capabilities, how do I configure my BSC 2100 for broadcast or mulicast so the devices on my wireless can see the device to print from thier iPhones iPads.  What are the network costs when adding broadcast or mulicast?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AirPrint using Bonjour on BSC 2100

Jump to solution

How come Apple Bonjour (Formerly Rendezvous) is unable to locate devices and services that are on th...

You may find the above article useful in regards to the setup.

As far as network costs, multicast in itself is actually a bandwidth-conserving technology because it allows one host to send traffic to multiple hosts without noisy broadcasts. However, multicast is typically used for streaming services; streaming adds a lot of overhead.

As stated previously, broadcast is noisy due to the fact that the messages must be sent out every port, hence the name. Excessive broadcasts can add a lot overhead.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

How come Apple Bonjour (Formerly Rendezvous) is unable to locate devices and services that are on th...

You may find the above article useful in regards to the setup.

As far as network costs, multicast in itself is actually a bandwidth-conserving technology because it allows one host to send traffic to multiple hosts without noisy broadcasts. However, multicast is typically used for streaming services; streaming adds a lot of overhead.

As stated previously, broadcast is noisy due to the fact that the messages must be sent out every port, hence the name. Excessive broadcasts can add a lot overhead.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily as well as award points to the users that helped you.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.