Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Migrating BSC configuration

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have several older BSC-400 in my environment.

We are planning to replace them to the BSC-600.

Is there an easy way of migrating the setting from the 400 to the 600?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Migrating BSC configuration

Jump to solution

You should be able to back up the configuration from the older BSC-400 and restore it to the newer replacement BSC-600. On the BSC-400 for example go to maintenance>configuration backup/restore and backup your configuration. Then on the BSC-600 for example go to maintenance>configuration>backup/restore and restore the configuration that you previously backed up from the BSC-400. You can restore a configuration from any BSC model to any BSC model as long as the BSC that you are restoring to is running the same or newer software release. You cannot restore a configuration from a newer software release to an older software release. If you were running version 5.2 or prior, you must upgrade to 5.3.2.6 first to adjust the configuration file before restoring it to a BSC running 6.x.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

You should be able to back up the configuration from the older BSC-400 and restore it to the newer replacement BSC-600. On the BSC-400 for example go to maintenance>configuration backup/restore and backup your configuration. Then on the BSC-600 for example go to maintenance>configuration>backup/restore and restore the configuration that you previously backed up from the BSC-400. You can restore a configuration from any BSC model to any BSC model as long as the BSC that you are restoring to is running the same or newer software release. You cannot restore a configuration from a newer software release to an older software release. If you were running version 5.2 or prior, you must upgrade to 5.3.2.6 first to adjust the configuration file before restoring it to a BSC running 6.x.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Kenneth,

But, I see I’m going to run into an issue.. All my BSC-400s are running 5.2.0.14 firmware.

Is the 5.3.2.6 still available? I could not find it on the ADTRAN’s support site.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

You are correct. 5.3.2.6 is not currently posted. I will get this posted and advise when available.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

You can now find the BSC-400 5.3.2.6 Legacy Software posted under the BSC-600/1200.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Ken

That did the trick.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily as well as award points to the users that helped you.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks,

Ken