Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dc29
New Contributor

SmartRG SR808ac Configure DNS Server

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a SmartRG SR808ac gateway currently running on software version:  1.0.0.14

I want to be able to simply change the assigned DNS servers from my ISP to my own and this simple setting, available on every other router/gateway I've ever owned, cannot be changed. The only way to somewhat do it, is to change the WAN connection type from DHCP to Static and input my DHCP settings from my ISP... manually. This is not convenient as the IP changes.

I've looked around and noticed a new software version has been released 2.0.0.1 (https://supportcommunity.adtran.com/t5/SmartRG-Release-Notes/SR808ac-2-0-0-1-Release-Notes/ta-p/3456...).

Does the new version allow customization for the DNS server and if so, where can I obtain the new 2.0.0.1 software version? 

Again, unless I can't find it on this gateway (tried 192.168.0.1/SRGEng.asp -- nothing there), I don't think it's configurable. Also, I don't want to manually change it on each device on my network, I want this to be a network specific change.

Thanks,

Bruno

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: SmartRG SR808ac Configure DNS Server

Jump to solution

Only the ISP can configure the DNS server on the SR808ac. The end user doesn't have the ability to do that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: SmartRG SR808ac Configure DNS Server

Jump to solution

Only the ISP can configure the DNS server on the SR808ac. The end user doesn't have the ability to do that.

0 Kudos