cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluedalmatian
New Contributor

TA5000 where is software stored?

Jump to solution

Im teaching myself about the TA5000 having become familiar with similar products from other manufactuers. One thing that puzzles me from what Ive seen so far: where is the software stored there is no compact flash card on the SM card?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rok2k
New Contributor II

Re: TA5000 where is software stored?

Jump to solution

Hello bluedalmation,

In general, yes, software is stored predominately on the internal (nonremovable) memory of the Switch Modules. To upgrade software it is always recommended to upgrade all modules in the node using the AUC file folder from the System Release you have chosen to implement. Keep in mind, there is no "write" command so all provisioning is written in real-time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rok2k
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Hello bluedalmation,

In general, yes, software is stored predominately on the internal (nonremovable) memory of the Switch Modules. To upgrade software it is always recommended to upgrade all modules in the node using the AUC file folder from the System Release you have chosen to implement. Keep in mind, there is no "write" command so all provisioning is written in real-time.

View solution in original post

bluedalmatian
New Contributor

Jump to solution

thank you. is there a hardware manual available i only have the CLI guide so far?

0 Kudos
rok2k
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

bluedalmatian,

The Total Access 5000 series products are capable of many hardware configurations; therefore you would need to navigate to the specific application and modules you are wanting to learn about or provision. The below link would be a good place to start:

Total Access 5000 Series - ADTRAN Support Community

Thank you.

0 Kudos