cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ranweb
New Contributor

Connection stays connected after users logs off computer

Jump to solution

I have an environment that multiple users may share the same laptop and need to be seen as seperate users on vWLAN.

Scenario:

User A logs onto laptop and then gets authenticated on the vWLAN as User A.  User B come along and needs to use the same laptop.  User A proceeds to log off computer and User B proceeds to log onto the computer.  User B opens web browser so vWLAN will present logon screen.  User B never gets logon screen and is able to access the internet without being prompted for User ID and Password.

Upon reviewing Active Connection, it still shows that User A is still authentication with vWLAN.  While user BlueSocket prior to vWLAN, the older controllers used to open a small browser window that show the user that they were logged onto the Wireless Network.  If they clicked the "log off" in this small browser windows, it would kick them off the system.  Is the vWLAN cable of doing this?  Is there a way for the user to get dropped from the system once they log off the computer?

Any ideas?

Randy Webster

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adt765
New Contributor III

Re: Connection stays connected after users logs off computer

Jump to solution

yfl,

Since I made the previous post I no longer have the need for the script I mentioned. I have since upgraded to 2.3 but I do not believe the patch was included in the newer builds of vWLAN.

Justin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
kennethfernandes
Contributor II
Contributor II

Jump to solution

Randy,

The vWLAN doesn't support the log out popup as most browsers block it these days. Could you use 802.1X machine and user authentication on the devices? When a user logs out of the computer, machine authentication is performed and it will transition to the domain computer role in the vWLAN. When another user logs in, user authentication is performed and that user would be placed in the appropriate user role in the vWLAN.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos
adt765
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

I contacted Bluesocket about this when I was beta testing vWLAN & was provided a logout patch which I installed on vWLAN. After installed all that is required to logout is to navigate to the url: https://Controller-IP/login.pl?action=logout.  I then created a Windows logout script (start https://Controller-IP/login.pl?action=logout) that runs & logs the users completely out of vWLAN.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.” If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily as well as award points to the users that helped you. If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

0 Kudos
yfl
New Contributor

Jump to solution

adt765,

I would be very interested in obtaining the patch you referred to.  I'm running 2.3, did they integrate the patch into the new version? I've been after Adtran for an logout "button" ever since switching to the vwlan from the bsc. I support libraries and we authenticate via sip2. We have the patrons reboot after every session. Sometimes the authentication drops and sometimes it doesn't. I need it to drop because we want them to put in their library cards each time.

If I use your method I'm thinking it would solve my problem.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
adt765
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

yfl,

Since I made the previous post I no longer have the need for the script I mentioned. I have since upgraded to 2.3 but I do not believe the patch was included in the newer builds of vWLAN.

Justin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

This is correct.  There is not a logout pop-up feature on vWLAN 2.2 and later.

0 Kudos
yfl
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Nick,

How do I go about getting some assistance on getting this "feature" built? There has got to be a way to have this implemented via script or otherwise.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

YFL,

There has already been a feature request submitted for this functionality.

0 Kudos