cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

For DEMO set-up: i have on hand 2 AP(1920 and 1930), netvanta 1234, i run the bluesocket controller in VMworkstation. can i use the netvanta 1234 as dhcp server. if yes, how?

Jump to solution

For DEMO set-up:  i have on hand 2 AP(1920 and 1930), netvanta 1234, i run the bluesocket controller in VMworkstation. can i use the netvanta 1234 as dhcp server. if yes, how?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Re: For DEMO set-up: i have on hand 2 AP(1920 and 1930), netvanta 1234, i run the bluesocket controller in VMworkstation. can i use the netvanta 1234 as dhcp server. if yes, how?

Jump to solution

Yes.  Please refer to the "To configure the AOS DHCPv4 server pool using the AOS GUI" portion of the following Guide: .  I would also note that the 1234 is limited to one IP interface, meaning you can only have one DHCP Scope.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Re: For DEMO set-up: i have on hand 2 AP(1920 and 1930), netvanta 1234, i run the bluesocket controller in VMworkstation. can i use the netvanta 1234 as dhcp server. if yes, how?

Jump to solution

Yes.  Please refer to the "To configure the AOS DHCPv4 server pool using the AOS GUI" portion of the following Guide: .  I would also note that the 1234 is limited to one IP interface, meaning you can only have one DHCP Scope.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: For DEMO set-up:  i have on hand 2 AP(1920 and 1930), netvanta 1234, i run the bluesocket controller in VMworkstation. can i use the netvanta 1234 as dhcp server. if yes, how?

Jump to solution

thanks  nick......

do you encounter this problem.. in my setup i dont have a DNS server.  (Failed to send configuration to AP BSAP1920)...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Re: For DEMO set-up:  i have on hand 2 AP(1920 and 1930), netvanta 1234, i run the bluesocket controller in VMworkstation. can i use the netvanta 1234 as dhcp server. if yes, how?

Jump to solution

Can you please confirm that the AP template has AP firmware selected (preferably 6.7.0-23) and the AP in that template?  Can you also confirm that the necessary ports are open in any firewall between the AP and vWLAN?

Nick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Nick,

there is no AP firmware on AP template, i  assigned the  two AP on the Default template. but in the Status>Access point> there is a firmware on both AP(6.6.0-30 and 6.6.0-28).  do i need to upgrade the FW to 6.7.0-23?

0 Kudos
Contributor III
Contributor III

Jump to solution

If you are using vWLAN 2.3, then yes you will need to upgrade the APs to 6.7.0-23.  I would also confirm you have the proper licenses uploaded to the vWLAN. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Jump to solution

thanks nick. both AP is up...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Jump to solution

hi Nick,

both AP is up... i want to set-up the AP to remote location for our Demo using 3G router. but the AP cannot discover the Controller, i already disable firewall and enable all the port needed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Jump to solution

Are you able to ping the controller from the AP?  Is the vWLAN setting behind NAT and if so do you have the "Public IP address for vWLAN standalone or high availability master" (Configuration > System > Settings > Platform) properly configured?  Have you taken a packet capture on the vWLAN to see if the packets from the AP are making it to the vWLAN?

0 Kudos