cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cj_
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Will connections be interrupted when I apply new configuration to APs?

Jump to solution

I'm new to vWLAN and BSAPs.  When I complete the domain task to apply new configuration to APs, will there be any momentary loss of connectivity (will clients lose their association or will traffic otherwise be interrupted)?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will connections be interrupted when I apply new configuration to APs?

Jump to solution

The vWLAN solution uses a distributed architecture were firewall policies are enforced at the edge (ie. at the AP). Changes to roles could cause an interruption, although it may not cause the client to drop. But you are changing the firewall, which could clear active sessions.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
cj_
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Jump to solution

Just spoke with Nick from Tech Support.  He advised that applying configuration updates to APs will not cause any interruption, inherently, unless the configuration changes included something radio-related (such as channel, TX strength, etc.).  Good do know!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The vWLAN solution uses a distributed architecture were firewall policies are enforced at the edge (ie. at the AP). Changes to roles could cause an interruption, although it may not cause the client to drop. But you are changing the firewall, which could clear active sessions.

View solution in original post

cj_
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Jump to solution

Makes sense.  Thanks for the guidance, Daniel!

0 Kudos