cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlohmeier
New Contributor

BSAP 6040 Not adopting

I am new to Adtran and have 22 new BSAP 6040's. I set up the Express Cloud account with Adtran but none of the AP's will show up as connected when powered on. Is there a step I am missing for them to "see" the cloud controller? I cannot configure or use these AP's until I know how to connect them to Express Cloud.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: BSAP 6040 Not adopting

Hi @jlohmeier ,

I too am new to Adtran and have never had so many difficulties applying obscure manuals that don't apply to my situation to get wifi working. I didn't find this described in any guide, but what I did is I took the domain of the express cloud controller that I was given, looking something like pXXsX.adtranprocloud.com and I resolved it to an IP address by pinging it. Then I SSHed into the Wifi AP, pressed option 1 for Network Configuration, Pressed option 5 for Set Controller Mode, and Entered mode 1 for using a static Controller (you can also do this via DHCP options once you have a successful test). Then I used Option 6 under Network Configurations to enter the IP Address I resolved earlier. I hope this helps. Now I just need to figure out why my APs are in a boot loop trying to apply the firmware updates.

@rshoemaker is correct in resolving the IP address of the server and using SSH (port 2335) to access the AP menu.

The firmware upgrade continuous reboot issue can be worked around by created an AP Template (I always call mine No_Firmware so there are no questions what it is) with no firmware assigned to any model of AP. Assign this AP Template to the 6040 APs, and let it connect and complete the channel-scan. Once it comes up as UpToDate, should be sufficient time for you to go back and assign the appropriate AP Template which will then force the firmware upgrade. 

@jlohmeier I created this AP Template on your domain, and the 2 APs should be stable and able to receive the AP Template you wish before long. 

Hope this helps,

Patrick

@patrick Thank you for the suggestion. I was able to get the 6040 AP's to find the controller and update to the current firmware. Now, for the life of me, I cannot seem to get the SSID to broadcast. I have created my location and location group and assigned the 6040 to them and they show as active but no SSID broadcast. There are some settings that need to be the way they are such as no automatic scanning since certain client offices must have minimal RF interference and the devices closest to those rooms must be able to have the RF output manually adjusted. Just in case anyone suggests turning that setting back on as a resolution. I appreciate all of the help so far.

Hello jlohmeier, rshoemaker! I had have been using Bluesocket since the BSC days before the Adtran acquisition and vWLAN. After using the on prem vWLAN for years we have just reciently moved to Elite Cloud. I'm still to this day learning something new with the product(s) so ask me anything. 😉