To change the name for a phone follow the steps below:
1. Update the first and last name under the User Accounts page and click Apply.
2. Open the IP Phone Configs for the extension that received the name change and click Apply.
3. Under the Global Directory tab of the IP Phone Globals page, uncheck and the recheck Include System Phone Directory, then click Save Global Directory.
4. Open the IP Phone Configs select any Polycom phones in the list, and then click Other Actions > Update Directories.
5. Reboot all of the phones after so the phones will download the updated name information.
6. Save your configuration.