cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adtran 7100 at main location with public ip address. Adtran 712 phone at remote location with Adtran 3120.

Hi,  I have adtran phone system at main location with 7100 as router.  I have adtran 712 phone at remote location with 3120 adtran router.  I have VPN but do not want to use it for phone traffice as i want to simulate remote office phone working without VPN.  I got the phones to come up and worked when first plug in.  How I cannot make a phone calls or get audio any more.  Can anyone lead me in the direction to troubleshoot.

The phone works ramdonly.  Sometime I can dial *98 and it prompt me for password.  Most of the time, it doesn't do anything at all.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adtran 7100 at main location with public ip address. Adtran 712 phone at remote location with Adtran 3120.

touristis,

I answered you on the other post you made that I think may be the same problem: Netvanta 7100 remote phone message button does not work

make sure the sip alg is off on the 3120 with the following command from global config mode: no ip firewall alg sip.  If that does not work we will likely need to see the configurations from each unit and debugs from the 7100.

Please let me know the result.  If that does not fix the issue we can continue troubleshooting, but I will need to see both configurations as well as the output from a debug sip stack messages and debug voice verbose from the NetVanta 7100.  You can submit them with the instructions below:

Open Internet Explorer web browser on their PC
Type the following URL:  ftp://ftp.adtran.com

Press the Alt key, click View, and then click Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer

Double-click the "Incoming" folder
Drag and drop files from PC into the Internet Explorer window

Reply to this post with the exact filenames used so we can retrieve the files

Please try turning off the NetVanta 3120 SIP ALG first though.

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adtran 7100 at main location with public ip address. Adtran 712 phone at remote location with Adtran 3120.

Also, make sure you have followed all of the instructions in our guide.

Thanks,
Matt