Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
most_ahdy
Contributor
Contributor

Adtran IP712 phones and analog phones does not return tone after pressing 9

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have IP712 IP Phone connected to Netvanta 7100 , and I have a problem that this phone does not return tone after pressing 9 although all other Polycom phones like IP501, IP 430, IP 601/650 IP331 return tone, please note that this issue also happen to all analog phone connected to fxs.

Thanks,

Mostafa Aly

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adtran IP712 phones and analog phones does not return tone after pressing 9

Jump to solution

This is a feature in the phone and not the system.

I believe the Adtran IP phones do not play a tone.

Also you will not get any sound from the FXS ports once the first digit is entered until the dial plan matches (and the call proceeds) or the call fails.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

This is a feature in the phone and not the system.

I believe the Adtran IP phones do not play a tone.

Also you will not get any sound from the FXS ports once the first digit is entered until the dial plan matches (and the call proceeds) or the call fails.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

unified is correct.  The IP 700 phones do not play dial tone after an initial digit has been pressed while the phone is off hook.

Thanks,
Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily as well as award points to the users that helped you.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt

Jump to solution

Ok, Thank you Unified & Matt for your answers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt