cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kreusch
New Contributor

Forward calls by area code

We have adtran 7100 POE.  We have a 800 number that comes to our corporate location.  We would like to take incoming calls, determine the area code and then send those calls to our local branch closest to that area code.

So for example, if a caller dials our 800 number and they are calling from a phone with an area code of 801, we want that call to ring at our location in Salt Lake city.

Is there a way this can be done?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Forward calls by area code

Kate,

You sure can. The feature is called SABR (Sourced ANI Based Routing)  Source and ANI Based Routing in AOS Voice Products

The document i posted tells you how to configure it.

By default, the AOS switchboard routes calls based on the DNIS (dialed number) but by using SABR we can route calls based on the ANI (Caller number).

You would just configure SABR on the SIP trunks going to your other locations. Hope that helps.

Let me know if you have questions.

-mark

kreusch
New Contributor

Thanks Mark

We currently do not have our other locations on our phone system, so there isn't a trunk going to them.  Do you know if it is possible to send the calls back out to their outside line?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kate,

What you can do is create a virtual user, user account that doesn't have a sip phone, which just acts as an answering point. Then configure Find Me Follow Me (FMFM) and then from there you can route calls based on who is calling and send them to external numbers.

Here are some videos and config guides to help. Let me know if you have questions.

Video:

[video] - Configuring Find Me Follow Me (FMFM) on the NetVanta 7100

User guide:

Configuring User Accounts on the NetVanta 7000 Series

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have questions.

-Mark