cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smullins
New Contributor

I have a IP712. We had to restart the phone and when we did it asked for the password. Apparently we do not know this and we have been locked out. How do we setup a new password?

We have an Ip712.  We had to restart the phone and now we have locked ourselves out because we do not know our password. How can we bypass this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: I have a IP712. We had to restart the phone and when we did it asked for the password. Apparently we do not know this and we have been locked out. How do we setup a new password?

Try 4-5-6 which is the Polycom default. If the phone is configured by TFTP you can edit the XML file to change it to whatever you want. You may also be able to factory default it.

Re: I have a IP712. We had to restart the phone and when we did it asked for the password. Apparently we do not know this and we have been locked out. How do we setup a new password?

I have had this in the past.  Try removing the phone completely from the 7100.  Then add it back again.  It will pull the data from the 7100.