Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
most_ahdy
Contributor
Contributor

IP712 phone * string auto dial

Jump to solution

Dears,

I have IP712 phones , with P/N 1200770E1#B , APP : 1.3.16 , Boot APP 1.3.12

When I press * it auto dial this string , so I have no chance to complete the rest of the number , for example *38 for door relay, kindly note that this issue is not exist in Polycom phone.

Kindly note also that there is no output when I execute debug voice summary commands while pressing * in IP712 phones.
There is also no Extension dial string that start with * in IP Phone Global / Default Settings or in the Phone Setting of the IP712 phone configuration.
Thanks,
Mostafa Aly
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IP712 phone * string auto dial

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting pictures!

Add this new Dial String Entry to Extension Dial Strings section:  *[2-9][0123456789*].T

Then scroll down and check the Apply Settings To option to New and Existing Configurations and then click Apply.

Reboot phone.

Let me know the results.

-Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Mostafa,

First thing I would do is download new firmware, you are running really old firmward on the IP 712 phones.

You can get to it from here:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/community/ip-phones/ip-700-series/software

If you need help upgrading your phone firmware, read this:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-2943

What AOS Version are you running on your 7100?

Having a * in your default settings is causing you to auto complete right after you press the *.

Go to the Default Settings tab in IP Phone Globals as you mentioned. And change your * entry to this:  *[2-9][0123456789*].T

Then scroll down and check the Apply Settings To option to New and Existing Configurations and then click Apply.

Reboot phone.

The T is a 4 sec pause that happen after you dial *38 to make sure you aren’t dialing any other keys. After that it will complete.

-Mark

Jump to solution

unfortunately, I should upgrade the NV7100 device along with the IP phones, but I have a serious compatibility problem between NV7100 FXO ports and Egypt's analog trunks in all new NV7100 firmware versions, So the idea of upgrading is unlikely.

My NV7100 AOS version is A4.10.00.E.

I do not have any * in default setting.

Thanks,

Mostafa Aly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Mostafy,

Can post a screen shot of what your Extension Dial Strings section looks like on your Default Settings tab. I don’t have 4.10 running on a unit to check it.

-Mark

Jump to solution

Screenshot from 2014-04-23 16:44:45.pngKindly find it attachedScreenshot from 2014-04-23 16:44:58.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting pictures!

Add this new Dial String Entry to Extension Dial Strings section:  *[2-9][0123456789*].T

Reboot phone.

Let me know the results.

-Mark

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks Mark , It worked very fine , but what is the idea behind this , I mean why this issue happen with IP712 and not with polycom phone?

Mostafa Aly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I believe Polycom has a default dial plan in the the files that it requests from the 7100 that has a default dial plan stored in it. That could be where it knows to wait for the digits. I don't have much experience on 4.10 firmware. It has changed a lot since I have been training on the product. Sorry I don't have much more information on that for you. Polycom files process is very different that the IP 712.

Glad you got it working! Have a great day!

-Mark