cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NetVanta 160 VAP Reference issue.

Jump to solution

Has anyone else noticed that the vap-reference statement is no longer an option in the firmware for the NetVanta 160 programming?

The web GUI allows you to configure the reference, but the VAP will no longer be referenced after rebooting the controlling netvanta device.  In this case I am using a NetVanta 1543P G2. 

before rebooting the switch:

Capture.PNG

After rebooting the switch:

Capture1.PNG

interesting find:

Show start command reveals that the switch saves the vap-reference, but show run does not.

Capture2.PNG

vap-reference is not listed as an option, and therefor is not configured.

So if I need to change the VAP, I have to use the web GUI and select all of the VAPs and apply the reference to update them.

Does anyone know why vap-reference is no longer an option in AOS?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NetVanta 160 VAP Reference issue.

Jump to solution

.  Engineering will be fixing the command so that it will work with the 160's.  As of right now, they have not specified which release the fix will be added in. Engineering indicated that the would update me when they know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

- It appears you have opened a ticket with Adtran Technical Support regarding this issue. If you could, when you get the chance, please update this thread with the results so that other users may find it helpful.

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Will do. Still awaiting an update from Adtran Engineering.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

.  Engineering will be fixing the command so that it will work with the 160's.  As of right now, they have not specified which release the fix will be added in. Engineering indicated that the would update me when they know.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I just noticed that one of my switches is now maintaining vap-reference settings.  I haven't been paying attention to all of the fixes in the firmware updates, but a BIG thank you to Adtran for that fix.  I have some installations with more than 10 NetVanta 160's, so that little gem saves me a lot of time.  It is truly one of the few times I actually use the web GUI.