cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdevich
New Contributor

Reset Password for NetVanta 161 Access Point

Hello I recently acquired a client that is using the NetVanta 161 Access Points across all of there locations and we are needing to get access to them. The problem is there is no documentation on these access points. The previous IT Company has went out of business and we need the admin password for the Access Points and I wanted to see what the procedure of resetting these Access Points our I need to return this ASAP so if anyone knows your help will be greatly appreciated. I do have access through a HyperTerminal to get into the Access Points I just need the steps of resetting these passwords.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reset Password for NetVanta 161 Access Point

Marshall,

Thanks for posting your question on the forum! The NetVanta 161s are not standalone access points and must be configured using a NetVanta access controller. Do you have access to your NetVanta access controller? If so, you can use this document as a guide on how to setup the access points: NetVanta 160 Series Wireless Configuration Guide

If you are locked out of your NetVanta access controller as well, you will need to follow these steps to either bypass the passwords and gain access to the configuration:[video] - Password Recovery in AOS

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reset Password for NetVanta 161 Access Point

Marshall,

I am marking this question as "Assumed Answered" based on the answer above.

If you have any questions or concerns, or anything to add to this discussion, please let us know.

Thanks,

Evan