cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
resteel
New Contributor II

All but a few PoE ports are dead, showing "detecting" on all ports. A few work but are not showing as "delivering". One each of 1234p and 1238p switches

Jump to solution

I have 2 switches and each have lost POE on almost all of the ports.  In the web interface they show as 'Detecting' on each port, even though a few of them are delivering power.  I updated the firmware on the 1234p with no success.  Has anyone seen this? Any suggestions for 'resetting' some controller within the unit or something?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: All but a few PoE ports are dead, showing "detecting" on all ports. A few work but are not showing as "delivering". One each of 1234p and 1238p switches

Jump to solution

I've seen this a few times. There are a set of commands you can run from a special engineering login. I'm not going to post it here as I don't know what else is accessible from that login, support can get you that information. Usually when I see that and try to reset the POE controller the switch locks ups and requires a reboot. In all the cases I've had this issue I've had to RMA the switch.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: All but a few PoE ports are dead, showing "detecting" on all ports. A few work but are not showing as "delivering". One each of 1234p and 1238p switches

Jump to solution

I've seen this a few times. There are a set of commands you can run from a special engineering login. I'm not going to post it here as I don't know what else is accessible from that login, support can get you that information. Usually when I see that and try to reset the POE controller the switch locks ups and requires a reboot. In all the cases I've had this issue I've had to RMA the switch.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

‌I assume rebooting, applying a default config, and/or upgrading firmware have no effect?  What about manually disabling power on the effected ports and re-enabling?  You're probably several steps ahead, but I'd like to understand the issue!

Chris

resteel
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

CJ, I've tried each of those in turn already.  Each port, whether delivering power or not, shows 'detecting'.  Thanks for the ideas, though!

poe.jpg

resteel
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

jhall, the engineering login sounds intriguing. Good idea not posting it though... 

These adtrans are under warranty from my voip provider, so God willing replacements will arrive with the UPS guy around 8:30am.  RMA is the answer here (short of having the engineering login to try).

Thanks all

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I just installed a 1234P today out of the box and I am having the same issue.  Only one phone worked and the rest do not.

kvnkoeppen
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

What is the brand and model of IP phone you are using?  Have you tried using another PoE device to test the results?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Here is what I have found out.  When I install the new 1234 POE switch, only one phone comes up and works.  It is a Nortel NTDU92.  This phone gets power directly through CAT5 and has no power adapter.  The rest of the phones in the branch that are not working are Nortel NTDU76 and they have a power adapter.  They all work fine on the older 1234 POE switch.  Is there a certain power setting in the new 1234 that I should be using to get these Nortel IP phones to power up?