cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mphhpm
New Contributor

DHCP with reservation works for some devices but not others. Will it work for all?

We have carefully reviewed and verified the MAC Id for several network dhcp clients but they never get the IP we have specified in the reservation instead they end up getting an address from the general DHCP pool range.

I've checked the network for conflicts - there are none.  There are no dhcp address range exclusions.  This feature has worked for at least two or our network device clients but the others (about 4) don't work.  Any ideas?

System specs attached below.

I know this gear is old but DHCP is quite rudimentary.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DHCP with reservation works for some devices but not others. Will it work for all?

:

Thank you for posting the question in the support community.  When you get a chance, could you reply with a copy of the current configuration (Please, remember to remove any information that may be sensitive to the organization)?

Also, here is a post on configuring a DHCP pool for a specific host (for reference):  https://supportforums.adtran.com/message/1762#1762

Please, do not hesitate to reply with any additional questions or information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DHCP with reservation works for some devices but not others. Will it work for all?

-

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor