cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
szb0018
New Contributor

How do you reset a NetVanta 1224STR back to its factory defualt configuration?

Jump to solution

I have just purchased a used NetVanta 1224STR and would like to use it for running a small office network. All of the settings from its previous owner are still on the device and I am brand new to this. How can I reset the device back to its factory settings?

Also a guide or tutorial for setting up a simple network that will share a single Internet connection would great. Like I said, I am brand new to this.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you reset a NetVanta 1224STR back to its factory defualt configuration?

Jump to solution

- To clear the configuration settings, you will need to have access to the AOS device. You can access it by TELNET, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, or a console serial connection. However, if you do not know what the IP address is or what the password is to access the device, then you will need a console serial connection to reset the configuration.

The following thread explains how you can bypass the password to access the configuration of your AOS device using a serial console connection: Re: How to recover password for Adtran 1224-ST

Once you gain access to the configuration, you can upload the factory default configuration to the device. The following guide explains how to factory default a NetVanta device:

Setting up a simple internet connection depends on the type of connection you have. I am providing a guide on how to set up a broadband internet connection on the 1224R:

However, if this is not what you are looking for, please let us know in more detail all you are wanting to setup, including the type of internet connection and your network topology. We offer several configuration guides within the support forum itself, as well.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you reset a NetVanta 1224STR back to its factory defualt configuration?

Jump to solution

- To clear the configuration settings, you will need to have access to the AOS device. You can access it by TELNET, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, or a console serial connection. However, if you do not know what the IP address is or what the password is to access the device, then you will need a console serial connection to reset the configuration.

The following thread explains how you can bypass the password to access the configuration of your AOS device using a serial console connection: Re: How to recover password for Adtran 1224-ST

Once you gain access to the configuration, you can upload the factory default configuration to the device. The following guide explains how to factory default a NetVanta device:

Setting up a simple internet connection depends on the type of connection you have. I am providing a guide on how to set up a broadband internet connection on the 1224R:

However, if this is not what you are looking for, please let us know in more detail all you are wanting to setup, including the type of internet connection and your network topology. We offer several configuration guides within the support forum itself, as well.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

szb0018
New Contributor

Jump to solution

I am receiving the following error message when I attempt to download the configuration file with the provided links.

500 OOPS: cannot change directory:/home/ftp/guest/support/

Any chance you could send the file to me in an email?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@szb0018 - I've attached the 1224STR default configuration to this post. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Noor