Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Netvanta 123xP Set Startup File

Jump to solution

Hi Support Forum,

Upon entering the command "show flash", I see several files, including a startup-config, as well as my uploaded config file (filename: 1234p.cfg). I have 2 questions:

1. How do I set my file (1234p.cfg) as the startup file? I have tried issuing the command "boot flash config 1234p.cfg", followed by a reload (without saving the configuration), but upon reboot, the system is still using the startup-config file. What am I missing here? Will someone please tell me the commands to enter which will help me on this one?

2. Also, upon seeing the files in the flash, if I simply want to rename the file "1234p.cfg" to "1234p_example.cfg", what commands do I issue to do so?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Netvanta 123xP Set Startup File

Jump to solution

- It looks like you were given the following suggestions from an Adtran Support Engineer:

The best syntax to use to copy an existing configuration to your startup-config is to use this command:

copy <filename> startup-config

When you reboot, make sure you do not save your configuration as this will cause it to save your running-configuration back to your startup-config.

The best way to rename a file is to use this command:

copy <old filename> <new filename>

Just remember to erase the old version to preserve flash space:

erase <old filename>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

- Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  I noticed you also opened a ticket with ADTRAN Technical Support.  When you get a resolution, will you post the results on the forum so other users can benefit?

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

- It looks like you were given the following suggestions from an Adtran Support Engineer:

The best syntax to use to copy an existing configuration to your startup-config is to use this command:

copy <filename> startup-config

When you reboot, make sure you do not save your configuration as this will cause it to save your running-configuration back to your startup-config.

The best way to rename a file is to use this command:

copy <old filename> <new filename>

Just remember to erase the old version to preserve flash space:

erase <old filename>

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor