cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthew
New Contributor II

Quick AOS ?s

Jump to solution

I was wondering if there was a way to output the console to a file in the AOS for Netvanta (similar to the 'redirect' command on Cisco). I was wanting to run a command and send the output via TFTP to a .txt file. I'm not concerned with how many steps it might take. To be more specific I would like to direct the output of "show mac address-table | exclude port-channel" to .txt file then upload it to the TFTP server.

Thanks in advance guys, I should be on here quit a bit now!

M.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
matthew
New Contributor II

Re: Quick AOS ?s

Jump to solution

I fudged it by using the console logging feature in putty as you requested. It's to bad you can't save command output to a file in flash though (similar to what the exception-reports do).

Thanks for all your help Noor!

Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@matthew - Thanks for posting your question on the forum!

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is a method within AOS to accomplish what you mentioned above. However, I generally just turn on logging in whatever console program I am using (i.e. Putty) which will automatically save console session to a .txt file.

I hope this answers your question, but please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions or thoughts.

Thanks,

Noor

matthew
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Is there no way to create/save a file within the AOS? Say, "copy start example.txt" then maybe "copy example.txt tftp", something like that? Just create the file and save it to the switch then extract the file?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@matthew - You can certainly take the running config, startup config, config file, firmware image, or exception report and change the name of the file so that it creates a new file under a different name. However, you cannot create a file based on an output of a command you entered.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

matthew
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

I fudged it by using the console logging feature in putty as you requested. It's to bad you can't save command output to a file in flash though (similar to what the exception-reports do).

Thanks for all your help Noor!

Matt

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@matthew - I sincerely apologize, but I was mistaken on this thread. The generic email client in AOS would allow you to capture output to show commands have them emailed to you as a message. More information can be found in this guide:

Configuring the E-Mail Agent in AOS - Quick Configuration Guide

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

matthew
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Thanks Noor!

Testing this now. I will get back to you if I have any questions...