Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

qos-policy out corrupts routing table.

Jump to solution

qos-policy out corrupts routing table.  netvanta 1224R POE running 13.04.00

The wan interface is ethernet0/24 configured as an access port on vlan 67

Vlan 67 is cross connected to ppp 1. vlan 67 does not have an IP address configured.

PPP 1 has IP Address  negotiated via ppp

Everything was fine even after I added a qos-policy out to interface ppp 1

After the 1224 was rebooted they could no longer get to the internet.

We needed to add a static  default route.

Did the ppp negotiate or advertise a static default route to the 1224 to use, but now with qos-polcy out it does not negotiate it?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: qos-policy out corrupts routing table.

Jump to solution

@johnevans - I apologize for the oversight on my part. I did not realize you were doing PPPoE on the 1224STR. In this case, you will need to apply the QoS map on the VLAN interface that is cross-connected with the PPP interface. Before you apply the QoS map, I would also recommend that you enable traffic-shaping on the VLAN inteface and set the traffic-shape rate to the upload speed your ISP is providing.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Noor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@johnevans - Applying a QoS policy to the PPP interface should not affect the PPP interface's ability to negotiate an IP address. If the IP address of the PPP interface was set to "negotiate", then yes, it would also receive a static default route once the IP address was negotiated. 

Are you able to bring the configuration back to the way it originally was? Are you able to recreate the issue?

I would like for you to try a couple of things to see if these actions bring the negotiated route back:

- Remove the static default route. Disable and then re-enable the PPP interface to see if it negotiates correctly.

- If this does not work, remove the QoS map and the repeat the steps above.

It would also be good to see the current configuration on the 1224. Please be sure to remove any sensitive information from the configuration file. A last suggestion I have is that I noticed that you are on 13.04. It may be worth attempting to upgrade your firmware and seeing if you are able to recreate the issue. The latest firmware is 13.15.

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Noor,

I need to correct one of my original statements.

We did not need to put in a static default route, there wasn't one on the original config and there isn't one now, and they are getting to the internet ok.

It seems like removing qos-policy out fixed the problem.

Should qos-policy out be on the layer 2 interface ethernet 0/24?

Here is the config with qos

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@johnevans - I apologize for the oversight on my part. I did not realize you were doing PPPoE on the 1224STR. In this case, you will need to apply the QoS map on the VLAN interface that is cross-connected with the PPP interface. Before you apply the QoS map, I would also recommend that you enable traffic-shaping on the VLAN inteface and set the traffic-shape rate to the upload speed your ISP is providing.

Thanks,

Noor

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

- I went ahead and flagged this post as as "Assumed Answered." If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to work with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Noor,

Thanks for your help.

John