Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trunking Between Netgear and NetVanta 1335

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am really appreciated for your help. After upgrading the Adtran 1335 firmware version R10.8.0 issue has been resolved now. Adtran AP 160 is working fine.

I have once more query. We need to configured VLAN in Adtran 135. This switch is new for me. can you please guide me how to configured vlan and How to connect L2 Netgear switch. Right now I have once 48 port netgear switch (model: gs748tps) and we have configured two vlan (Default VLAN and Voice VLAN) in netgear switch.

We need to configured VLAN and routing in 1335 switch and connect netgear switch to Adtran 1335.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trunking Between Netgear and NetVanta 1335

Jump to solution

- I've branched your question to another thread as it is a new topic.

The following guide explains how to set up VLANs on the 1335: Understanding the Switch Menu in the AOS Web Interface

If you would like for the 1335 to be responsible for the routing between VLANs, then you can enable the VLAN interface option on the VLAN configuration page and assign each VLAN an IP address.

When you are connecting to the Netgear, it is important to remember that the NetVanta only supports 802.1q encapsulation on its trunk ports. You will simply need to set up the port that connects to the Netgear as a trunk port after you have created all your VLANs and that should be it.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Noor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

- I've branched your question to another thread as it is a new topic.

The following guide explains how to set up VLANs on the 1335: Understanding the Switch Menu in the AOS Web Interface

If you would like for the 1335 to be responsible for the routing between VLANs, then you can enable the VLAN interface option on the VLAN configuration page and assign each VLAN an IP address.

When you are connecting to the Netgear, it is important to remember that the NetVanta only supports 802.1q encapsulation on its trunk ports. You will simply need to set up the port that connects to the Netgear as a trunk port after you have created all your VLANs and that should be it.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Noor

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for the Support Noor, Sorry for the delay. We will try.

Ashish

golden
New Contributor

Jump to solution

netgear uses tagged/untagged for vlans like HP switches

tagged is like trunk in Cisco/Adtran

untagged is like an access port in Cisco/Adtran

make sure your vlan is tagged for the port connected to the adtran and that the untagged port (netgear) is the native vlan on the Adtran port.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor