cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shornberger
New Contributor

static and dropped calls

After upgrading from a 1224str to a 1335 we have intermediate static and dropped calls. We basically brought over the 1224str config, as is, to the 1335.

The phone system is a ShoreTel system. All calls stay on the VLAN where the ShoreTel phones, ShoreTel switch and ShoreTel director are.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: static and dropped calls

shornberger:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.

Did anything else change in the network besides the 1224STR/1335?  Based on the description, all the ADTRAN unit should be doing is acting as a Layer 2 switch.  Since the unit is only acting as a switch in this application, then for symptoms such as static and dropped calls, I would recommend you check errors on the physical interfaces.  If there are errors on an interface, you could try moving the cable to a different port to see if the errors follow the cable or remain with the port. 

Levi

Nothing else had changed in the config.

We haven't had a dropped call or static since I disabled ip ffe and enable ip route-cache express on the vlans.@

Anonymous
Not applicable

shornberger:

Here is a post on the differences on FFE and Route-cache: https://supportforums.adtran.com/message/10178#10178

Please, let me know if you have any further questions.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi