Did you mean: 
mat8iou
New Contributor II

1524ST is not responding after upgrade

Jump to solution

I upgraded a Netvanta 1524ST device.

The previous firmware was what originally came with it - 10.03.00.E

I upgraded it to the latest version, which was  - 17.03.05.00

Since upgrading & rebooting, it no longer responds at the IP address that I had originally assigned to it, nor at the default address of 10.10.10.1 on the Eth0 port.

I'm assuming that the only option now is to connect through the serial port to the console - so I'll have to try & locate a serial to USB adaptor to use for this.

First of all though, is there anything that I did wrong here - in terms of why the device is no longer responding? I would like it upgraded to the latest version - and thought that the correct procedure was followed - is there anything else that I should have done, but missed?

Essentially, the steps I went through were:

1. Download latest firmware

2. Log into to switch & upload latest firmware

3. Set the new firmware as the main one to use & the old one as the backup.

4. Save & reboot the unit.

Any thoughts would be welcomed.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mat8iou
New Contributor II

Re: 1524ST is not responding after upgrade

Jump to solution

Thanks again for the suggestions.

After a bit of playing about, I seem to have managed to get it to work properly on the new firmware. The problem seemed to be that it was losing all the VLAN information, along with disabling the Web interface, which was why I was struggling to log into it. After re-enabling these from the console, it appears to be working properly now.

Thanks again

Matthew

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

- Thanks for posting your question on the forum!

I really do not see where the process may have gone wrong. I'm afraid the only option here is to console into the switch and take a look at what the configuration looks like. Is it still able to switch traffic? Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions once you are able to console into the device.

Thanks,

Noor

mat8iou
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Hi.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I left using the console as a last resort, as I was trying to locate a serial cable adaptor to use it.

Anyway - I can connect fine with the console. From there, I reverted back to the backup version & everything worked fine.

Tried upgrading again & exactly the same thing happened.

After that, I tried upgrading by major version - it worked fine up to 14.01.00.E (original was 10.03.00.E). If I go any higher than that, I get the same problem that I can no longer log in, although the console doesn't seem to show anything untoward happening when the device reboots - it is still loading the firmware normally & registering when a cable is connected to any of the ports etc. I've tried a few higher versions though & in none of the cases will it let me log into the web interface.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

- I had a couple of questions based on the issue you were describing:

- What bootcode are you running on the 1524ST? This can be seen in the "show version' output.

- If you are able to, could you post the output to "show run" using your console connection while the 'bad' code is loaded?

Thanks,

Noor

mat8iou
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Thanks again for the suggestions.

After a bit of playing about, I seem to have managed to get it to work properly on the new firmware. The problem seemed to be that it was losing all the VLAN information, along with disabling the Web interface, which was why I was struggling to log into it. After re-enabling these from the console, it appears to be working properly now.

Thanks again

Matthew

0 Kudos