cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbrehart
New Contributor

Changed VLAN on a port/interface but still points to old network...

Hello,

I'm configuring a NetVanta 1544 switch and I have three ports/interfaces that don't seem to point to the VLAN to which they're assigned. Here's what I've done so far:

1. Copied the configuration from an identical switch (Switch 1)

2. Imported the config into the Switch 2

3. Changed the switch name and management IP address via Console

4. Changed the VLAN on ports 15-18

Port 18 works fine, but 15-17 do not. They cannot ping the gateway and if we turn on DHCP, they receive addresses from another VLAN.

How can I force these ports to use the VLAN I've assigned them?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Changed VLAN on a port/interface but still points to old network...

Brian:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community forum.  When DHCP is turned on, do they receive an address in the native VLAN?  If so, it may be that these ports are configured for trunk ports instead of VLAN access ports.  If you would like to reply to this post and attach a copy of the current configuration (please, remember to remove any sensitive information), I will be happy to review it for you.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

bbrehart:

Do you have further questions on this post?  If so, please do not hesitate to reply.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

bbrehart:

I went ahead and flagged "Assumed Answered" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you feel like there is a better answer, feel free to come back to this post and select it with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi