cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Firmware 10.11.0

Jump to solution

I see there are release notes that this firmware is available for the 1638's but it does not appear to be on the download site. I actually have a copy of it but I'm wondering if it was removed for a reason. I've got a site I need to update to enable igmp snooping but I'm not sure if I can use the copy of 10.11.0 I have or if I need to stick with 10.10.0. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Firmware 10.11.0

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  Currently, ADTRAN does not recommend using R10.11.0 firmware on the NetVanta 1638 if you are utilizing the ActivChassis feature; however, if you are not using ActivChassis, then R10.11.0 is fine.  If you are using ActivChassis, then ADTRAN recommends R10.10.0 (which is the minimum requirement for the IGMP Snooping feature).  Here is a note on the subject: 

Furthermore, ADTRAN recommends using the extended maintenance release, unless a new feature is required.  ADTRAN will identify an extended maintenance release approximately once a year. In these extended maintenance releases, bugs will continue to be addressed but no new features will be added (separate ongoing feature releases will continue to be made available). Our plan is to periodically release extended maintenance builds with bug fixes throughout the year, until the next extended maintenance release is identified.

Unless there is a specific feature needed in a later feature release, ADTRAN recommends using the latest extended maintenance release for your AOS product. The current Extended Maintenance Release is R10.9.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  Currently, ADTRAN does not recommend using R10.11.0 firmware on the NetVanta 1638 if you are utilizing the ActivChassis feature; however, if you are not using ActivChassis, then R10.11.0 is fine.  If you are using ActivChassis, then ADTRAN recommends R10.10.0 (which is the minimum requirement for the IGMP Snooping feature).  Here is a note on the subject: 

Furthermore, ADTRAN recommends using the extended maintenance release, unless a new feature is required.  ADTRAN will identify an extended maintenance release approximately once a year. In these extended maintenance releases, bugs will continue to be addressed but no new features will be added (separate ongoing feature releases will continue to be made available). Our plan is to periodically release extended maintenance builds with bug fixes throughout the year, until the next extended maintenance release is identified.

Unless there is a specific feature needed in a later feature release, ADTRAN recommends using the latest extended maintenance release for your AOS product. The current Extended Maintenance Release is R10.9.

Levi

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor