cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgoldberg
New Contributor II

MGMT Port

Jump to solution

Where do I activate the MGMT port on a 1600 series? It's located on the left side of the switch. I didn't anything in the manual or hardware installation guide, other than mentioning that it's 10/100mbps.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MGMT Port

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  To enable the "MGMT" port on the NetVanta 1638, you can use either the CLI, or the web interface (GUI).

In the CLI, perform the following configuration steps:

#configure terminal

(config)#interface ethernet 0/1

(config-eth 0/1)#no shutdown

(config-eth 0/1)#ip address <address> <subnet mask>

In the GUI, perform the following configuration steps:

System Summary > eth 0/1 > "check the "Enable" box" > "Assign the IP Settings" > Apply

I hope that makes sense, but let me know if you have any additional questions or information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  To enable the "MGMT" port on the NetVanta 1638, you can use either the CLI, or the web interface (GUI).

In the CLI, perform the following configuration steps:

#configure terminal

(config)#interface ethernet 0/1

(config-eth 0/1)#no shutdown

(config-eth 0/1)#ip address <address> <subnet mask>

In the GUI, perform the following configuration steps:

System Summary > eth 0/1 > "check the "Enable" box" > "Assign the IP Settings" > Apply

I hope that makes sense, but let me know if you have any additional questions or information.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

0 Kudos
jgoldberg
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Ok, thanks Levi. That answered my question.

It wasn't labeled eth and it wasn't on physical interfaces, which tripped me up.