cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrismic
New Contributor

MISTP on a Netvanta 1534p

Jump to solution

I am trying to configure MISTP on a group of 1534p running  R10.6.0, I can not find any documentation for configuration nor can I find any commands that will let me create a MISTP?  The only options are RSTP and STP, is this possible on these switches?

Thanks,

CM

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MISTP on a Netvanta 1534p

Jump to solution

- Thanks for posting your question on the forum!

MISTP (multiple instance spanning tree protocol) is an IEEE standard which allows you to group multiple VLANs under a single instance of spanning tree. Unfortunately, at the time of this post, AOS products do not support MISTP.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Noor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

- Thanks for posting your question on the forum!

MISTP (multiple instance spanning tree protocol) is an IEEE standard which allows you to group multiple VLANs under a single instance of spanning tree. Unfortunately, at the time of this post, AOS products do not support MISTP.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Noor

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

So is there any way to disable spanning tree or excluded certain VLANs from spanning tree in AOS?

James P

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

- You cannot disable spanning-tree by VLAN, but you can disable spanning-tree by switchport. This can only be done in the CLI from within the switchport interface command set. You would simply need to enable the BPDU filter and guard for each switchport that you wish not to participate in spanning-tree. This will prevent BPDU packets from being sent and received on that port.  An example of how to do this is below:

switch(config)#int switchport 0/1

switch(config-swx 0/1)# spanning-tree bpdufilter enable

switch(config-swx 0/1)# spanning-tree bpduguard enable

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questons.

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor