cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexanderarvo
New Contributor

POE issues on two 1531P's

If I have a port that is being denied POE is the only fix to send the switch back for an RMA. I was testing each of the ports with my POE test and noticed that on one of the devices Port 7 would switch from denied to delivering, then back to denied. the other switch had much of the same issue but it was on port 1. I am rather new with these units and any information that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Alexander

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jayh
New Contributor III

Re: POE issues on two 1531P's

Does the same device work when connected to a different port? If you shut down or disconnect devices on other ports to reduce the overall load, does port 7 start working?

I'm having the exact same issues trying to power up a PoE+ access point by Extreme Networks. They're both alledgedly PoE+ 802.3at, yet the Adtran WILL NOT power this thing up and the switchports constantly fault out.

Wondering if you found a solution? I RMA'd my first switch but the second one doesn't work either so there seems to be some documentation missing or there's an issue with the entire line.

smg
New Contributor II

I have been having the same issue on our Adtran 1550's with extreme APs.

Were you able to find a solution? The minute I plug these into an aruba switch, they connect. 

We have been using Adtran for at least the last 5-6 years without issue. Suddenly I can't get eny of our extreme APs to connect. Those that are online seem fine. But there was one we took offline and have not been able to get it to connect again.