cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vontech615
New Contributor III

VOIP, calls connecting but no voice

Jump to solution

I'm testing moving our Voip traffic onto its own voice vlan. We have Univerge 8100 with about 25 DT700's. Each phone has an Eithernet adapter so we just have 1 cable for each phone and pc.

We have a PoE Adtran Netvanta 1500 switch. I have everything working, switch is routing between vlans, trunks are working, pinging between both vlans working, and calls our going out of the gateway and back in.

The issue is the calls coming in and going out connect but I don't get voice. Everything local is working fine. So I figure it's probably something to do with a firewall rule or something. I have a static route on the sonicwall back to the switch vlan gateway for the traffic coming back in the network. We have a Sonicwall NSA.

Note: We didn't have any issues before when everything was on the same vlan.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VOIP, calls connecting but no voice

Jump to solution

Hi vontech615:

I'm familiar with the SV8100 and I have been through this process before.  Have you checked command 84-26 in that PBX?  If you changed the SIP server's IP address in command 10-12-09, but did not also update the IPL/media gateway address(es) in 84-26 so that it too is in the new VLAN, then it seems you could end up with this issue.

Otherwise, maybe just try to "clear arp" in the switch.

CJ

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi vontech615:

I'm familiar with the SV8100 and I have been through this process before.  Have you checked command 84-26 in that PBX?  If you changed the SIP server's IP address in command 10-12-09, but did not also update the IPL/media gateway address(es) in 84-26 so that it too is in the new VLAN, then it seems you could end up with this issue.

Otherwise, maybe just try to "clear arp" in the switch.

CJ

vontech615
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Ok, that makes sense.  I was trying to get the addresses changed in 10-12, 10-55, and 84-26. I had trouble getting any of the IP Interfaces to change.  I know you have to power cycle after SIP change but after the system came back up it was reverted back to the old addresses.  I finally got the SIP on the new VLAN but not 10-12,55 or 84-26.  Those would not accept the change for some reason.

I spoke with a field tech today who said you have to turn it off for a good 20 seconds after changing the SIP ip and then do 10-55, and 84-26 and power cycle again.  I feel like I did this the first time but maybe I didn't leave it off long enough.  Also, I am logging in as an Installer so it's not an issue with access level. Have you run into this before?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I haven't run into this specific issue.  However, it seems like could be narrowing down to the cause.  If 84-26 is invalid, then you will not have RTP/audio.  10-55 is merely a management IP address for the voicemail blade.  You might want to "Apply" each change, then logout from the Home screen.  Then reboot.  Will you update this thread after 84-26 is corrected?

vontech615
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

I certainly will. I will be taking the system down and going for round 2 towards the end of the week.  So whats interesting is we did get voice locally but not out side of the network even with 84-26 in a different vlan/subnet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

SV8100 default configuration is for DT700 terminals to send RTP peer-to-peer.  I believe you should be able to hear each other for internal calls even before the IPL is properly addressed.  Best of luck!