Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brucexx
New Contributor II

Voice VLAN with NV1638P switches

Jump to solution

Hi,

We just bought 8 of these for one of our client to upgrade their network infrastructure. I am setting them up and was just wondering what would be the best solution for setting up voice VLAN. We have essentially 3 VLANs but no more than 2 at the time per port (except for trunk ports).  We have IP phones that will not work with Adtran using LLDP-MED, they are programmed manually with VLAN ID 5 and COS 5. So this is what I came up with for port configuration.

VLAN 10 is an access VLAN on this switch, ports 47 and 48 are uplink ports.

conf t

interface range gigabit-switchport 0/1-46

switchport access vlan 10

switchport voice vlan 5

qos trust cos

end

I was wondering if this would be the best solution for this particular setup. Do I need to extend the trust (mls qos trust extend) just like on Cisco switches for phones with cos 5.

I assume that the command qos trust cos in the above config would trust the cos received from any device on VLAN 10 and 5. How can I make the port so for the access vlan (in this case vlan 10) the cos will be set to default of 0 and for voice the cos would be 5 or whatever the phone is set to (the interface will be trusting the cos from the phone) ?

Thank you     

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brucexx
New Contributor II

Re: Voice VLAN with NV1638P switches

Jump to solution

I think I found answers on page 1733 and 1767 of AOS Command reference guide AOS Version R10.4.0:

In short it should be:

conf t

switchport voice vlan 5

qos trust cos

qos default-cos 1

end

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
brucexx
New Contributor II

Re: Voice VLAN with NV1638P switches

Jump to solution

I think I found answers on page 1733 and 1767 of AOS Command reference guide AOS Version R10.4.0:

In short it should be:

conf t

switchport voice vlan 5

qos trust cos

qos default-cos 1

end

0 Kudos