cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Show Green-ethernet Configuration

Jump to solution

I'm new to the 1560 series Adtrans and still learning so please be patient with my question. When I used to program my 1550 Adtrans I used to use the command powerline never, however that isn't a thing on the 1560 switches. I read the command reference guide and it talks about show green-ethernet and it looks like it might be something similar. If I wanted the power to always be on and it never to be on based on discovery, how best would I do this command? Is the default always to now power saving? Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Show Green-ethernet Configuration

Jump to solution

Out of the box it does not go into any sort of port power save mode. The only time it would is if you turned on the Green Ethernet settings. Green Ethernet aka Port Power Saving, is turned on port by port. If you have accidentally enabled it you can use the following commands to turn it off on the interface:

interface GigabitEthernet 1/1
  no green-ethernet eee
  no green-ethernet eee urgent-queue
  no green-ethernet energy-detect
  no green-ethernet short-reach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Sandy, thanks for posting. Are you trying to disable Poe on the port?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

No. I want to make sure the port does not go into power save mode. I want the port to always be active.

Jump to solution

Out of the box it does not go into any sort of port power save mode. The only time it would is if you turned on the Green Ethernet settings. Green Ethernet aka Port Power Saving, is turned on port by port. If you have accidentally enabled it you can use the following commands to turn it off on the interface:

interface GigabitEthernet 1/1
  no green-ethernet eee
  no green-ethernet eee urgent-queue
  no green-ethernet energy-detect
  no green-ethernet short-reach

0 Kudos