cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isolver
New Contributor

Configuring DHCP options for different IP phone vendors within the same pool

I am working on configuring a LAN where we will be using two separate IP phone vendor models. We would like to configure these phones via DHCP, but obviously would need to assign different option parameters based on the phone model.

Is there a way to configure some sort of policy-based DHCP option parameters to assign different options based on mac address range?

Thank you.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Configuring DHCP options for different IP phone vendors within the same pool

Hi isolver:

Some DHCP scenarios support options related to specific vendor classes to limit presentation to certain types/makes of devices.  This takes a fair amount of understanding about the DHCP server configuration and precisely what vendor classes pertain to each device.  It can go deep, but may be a plausible approach.  My experience with vendor-specific DHCP numbered options is very limited, related to voice endpoints.  You'll want to have thorough details from each phone manufacturer up front before committing to the solution.

I don't know if vendor-specific DHCP options can be presented by an AOS DHCP server.

I would strongly recommend a VLAN for each voice platform or phone vendor if possible.  We can help if you need a hand with it.  I'm sorry if this doesn't directly answer your question.

Best,

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Configuring DHCP options for different IP phone vendors within the same pool

isolver‌:

I went ahead and flagged "Assumed Answered" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you feel like there is a better answer, feel free to come back to this post and select it with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi