cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james-in-ca
New Contributor III

Which protocol to use for RTMP streaming when I create Port Forward?

Jump to solution

Adtran Netvanta  3120

I am using an Application called Wowza to serve and stream live video from a facility.

I need to forward and open port 1935 to allow access to the stream served from that machine from outside.

I watched the video here

[video] Configuring a Port Forward in AOS (NetVanta)

My interface is a bit different, but I have followed along with no success accessing the stream from outside.

I am trying to map a certain public IP to open an RTMP video stream on a certain computer on a certain port. Like this:

rtmp://x.x.x.x:1935/[appname]/[streamname]/

• I have set one of my public IPs as a secondary IP in the IP Interfaces section
  • I have a static internal IP on the server here.
  • I can access  and play the stream from the server locally using local IP syntax
  • I can ping the public IP from another network
  • How can I determine if that IP is reaching/pinging the machine:port I want it to?

When I create the Port Forward in the Security Zone (Public) , New Policy interface which protocol should I choose?

this may be my issue?

Thank you for any assistance.

James

Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 6.55.42 AM.png

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Which protocol to use for RTMP streaming when I create Port Forward?

Jump to solution

Select TCP, and 1935 as the matching port (without port translation). Depending on your setup, you might also have to forward port 80 or 443.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

Select TCP, and 1935 as the matching port (without port translation). Depending on your setup, you might also have to forward port 80 or 443.

0 Kudos
james-in-ca
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Thanks worked fine! Only had to use 1935 for this particular setup i.e; Wowza server.